2ND NATIONAL MELANOMA CONFERENCE 2014June 18, 2014 • By Support
SKMRC is proud to announce it will be hosting the second national melanoma conference in Perth, WA in October this year.
Friday 10 & Saturday 11 October 2014
The National Conference will bring together academics, clinicians, industry and consumers to present recent breakthroughs and discuss current challenges for the future in the detection and treatment of melanoma.
This is an exciting time for research discoveries and the beginning of a new era in treatment advances in melanoma.
The conference is dedicated to bringing a broad range of Australia’s melanoma specialists together from clinical, basic research, epidemiological and patient advocacy associations and we aim to ensure it is a memorable meeting for all our delegates.
Session topics will include:
- Preclinical studies
- Molecular pathology and cellular resistance
- Clinical research
Over two days we will cover the most up to date developments in both clinical and academic research related to melanoma. To help us achieve this goal, we have Australia’s national melanoma treasures attending as plenary speakers, as well as three of the world’s leading experts in tumour biology and clinical trial outcomes presenting keynote sessions.
Keynote Speakers - International:
- Professor Charles Balch (Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network)
- Professor Meenhard Herlyn (Philadelphia University, USA)
- Professor Jun Guo, (Beijing, China)
Keynote Speakers – National
- Professor John Thompson (Melanoma Institute Australia, NSW)
- Professor Grant McArthur (Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, VIC)
- Professor Graham Mann (MIA, University of Sydney, NSW
- Professor Nick Hayward (Queensland Institute for Medical Research, QLD)
- Professor Michael Millward (Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and UWA, WA)
- Dr Mark Shackleton (Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, VIC)
- Professor Richard Scolyer (Melanoma Institute Australia, NSW)
- Professor Mark Lee (St John of God Hospital Subiaco, WA)
|Registration||Price AUD $||Access all to Sessions||Delegate Name Badge||Conference Program||Daily Catering||Conference Dinner|
Call for Abstracts
The conference is particularly interested in papers that address the following themes and with reference to background, methods, results and conclusion.
- Melanoma clinical trials and outcomes
- Signalling pathways, cellular resistance and novel treatments
- Radiology, imaging and palliative treatments
- Biomarker discovery, genetics and prognostic testing
Click here to download your Abstract Submission Template and once completed, please upload via the link below.
Call for Abstracts Close: 25.6.14
Early Bird Registration Close: 31.7.14
Standard Registration Opens: 1.8.14
Author Notification: 22.7.14
Author Registration Deadline: 1.8.14
Final Accommodation Booking Deadline: 8.9.14
[button link="http://www.skmrc.org.au/national-melanoma-conference-2014.html" window="yes"]SKRM Conference Invite[/button]